Venezuelans are perceived to be amongst the most vibrant people in the world. All that thanks to their passion for dance and music. Friendly nature, sociable personalities, and accented Spanish are typical of Venezuelans – adding to the hotness quotient of the men.
No wonder many women ask – why are Venezuelans so beautiful?
What are Venezuelan Men Like?
Europeans and North Americans find Venezuelan men extra attractive for many reasons. A majority of men belong to a mixed European and Indian lineage. The resulting mixed ethnicity gives them a rugged appearance, which is an instant hit with the ladies.
They grow up in big families, and it is common for generations to stay together. It is normal for children well into their twenties to live with parents and grandparents. They may or may not move out after marrying a Venezuelan woman.
Venezuelan societies are still some way from endorsing modern views about gender equality. It is easy to notice when you see men taking up more demanding jobs and venturing out while women staying put at home, happily taking charge of the household chores. Though things are changing, a Venezuelan man with modern outlook is more of an exception than an example.
Relationships with Venezuelan Men
While dating a Venezuelan man, you should keep yourself open for a roller-coaster of emotions. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Spanish helps – As with any culture, talking to a man in his primary language goes a long way in breaking the ice. Emotions do not get lost in translation, and you get a closer feel of his culture. Literal translations might cause a big misunderstanding, as te amo and te quiero both translate into I love you but carry very different meanings!
- Learn Salsa – Partying, socializing, and dancing are inseparable to Venezuelan societies. They can get started with dancing anywhere – in a restaurant, at the café or on the streets! Playing along can be a great ice-breaker, and your man will be happy seeing the efforts you are putting into the relationship.
- Family is important – Family plays an essential part in the way Venezuelan men and relationships progress. Your man might introduce you to his family early, sometimes right after the first date. It is a platform to flaunt his girl and seek approval to take the relationship forward.
- Culture – If you are wondering what do Venezuelan men like in their girls, try taking an interest in their culture. Venezuelans are proud of their heritage and are very happy to talk about it, especially with foreigners.
- Expect machismo – The courtship period is the happiest in any relationship. It is when things get serious that you need to see where it is headed. Venezuelan men do have an element of machismo – it’s been a part of their culture for centuries. They often take different views about the freedom a man and a woman get in a relationship.
- Notice how he treats ladies – If you are apprehensive about how he might behave with you, take a close look at how he treats other women of his life. If his mom or sister is making his bed, doing his clothes, and cooking for him while he is out drinking with friends all night, you would likely have to do the same.
What do Venezuelan Guys Expect from Their Partners?
Despite there being a conscious effort to transition towards European/North American culture, one can quickly notice that Venezuela is still a patriarchal society. Venezuela has laws that give equal rights to both men and women, but society is yet to subscribe to it entirely.
- Be a homemaker – If you are contemplating moving in with your man or marrying him, a traditional Venezuelan man would expect you to take up a homemaker’s role. Though the conventional boundaries are breaking, and women are joining the workforce, it is not common.
- Mother of his children – It is taken for granted that you would have his baby shortly after marriage and be pretty much on your own when it comes to the child’s upbringing.
- Little to no help – It is a harsh reality that sharing the household responsibilities is considered a compromise on ego by a Venezuelan man. Even if he wants to help, the social norms will prevent him from doing so.
- Large family – Nuclear family is a relatively new concept in Venezuela. Your man would want you to embrace his (large) family and treat all the members as your own. Even if you are staying away, you should take care of the family the best you can and put the family’s interests above your own.
- Casual about sex – When it comes to sex, the gender gap comes to the fore. Men sleeping around with girls despite having a wife or girlfriend at home is taken as a sign of virility and strength. They are allowed to cheat and have one night stands. However, the rules are very different for women, who must stay at home and be OK with his man partying and drinking all night long with friends.
Dating Venezuelan men is pretty much like dating a Venezuelan woman, it can be fun and adventurous – an experience you must have, especially if you are a foreigner to the country. The country is full of scenic attractions, and there’s nothing better than having a hot man showing you around.
No matter how much you like the initial period, you need to set your priorities right and think deeply before taking a long-term view of your relationship. We do not wish to discourage you and hope your man turns out the way you want him to be.
For the moment, enjoy the company of your Venezuelan hottie and have a blast with him for the time you are in the country!